I Am A Republican Because…
- I believe that the proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well, by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.
- I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person’s ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.
- I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.
- I believe that sound money management should be our goal.
- I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin.
- I believe we must retain those principles of the past worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.
- I believe that Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.
- Finally, I believe that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideas into positive and successful principles of government.